Financial Accountant, preferably with a relevant Accounting Qualification and minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role, required for an Accounting & Auditing Firm, based in Cape Town City Bowl.
- Grade 12 essential
- Accounting qualification preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ financial accounting experience within an accounting and auditing environment required
- Monthly input/checking of allocation – cash book entries, allocate, post and reconcile Bank statement, check bank reconciliation, petty cash schedule, check journal entries, allocate and post entries in intercompany loan account and reconciliation of account
- General administration and accounting duties – Rent payments, VAT, queries, stationery control system, update charges, approve invoices and petty cash expenditure, credit terms, daily mail and booking fees
- Monthly reconciliations – Intercompany loan accounts salary control and staff loans
- Monthly Finance meetings – Print Partners’ drawings for managements reports, prepare agenda’s and various schedules
- Annual/ad hoc duties – Set up new year for entities and balance forward, process year end journals, insurance premiums, prepare PI Insurance costs, pay DWT, prepare documentation for verifications agencies, deadline list update, update fees list
- Bi-annual duties – Complete Statistics SA documents
- Full payroll function for company entities
- Client payroll function – checking client payroll for accuracy
- CCM payments and reports
- ESS Administration – add staff, password reset, admission and amendments
- Cell phone contracts and accounts for Partners
- Fees and Debtors – reconciliations, monthly debtor run and reports, WIP reports, calculate interest, age analysis, and credit control
If you are a South African citizen and your CV meets the above requirements, please respond via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Recognising that diversity is key to excellence, our client especially encourages members of designated groups to apply.
If you have not heard from us within a two week period, please deem your application as unsuccessful.