Our client’s KPIF Project in South Africa is aimed at reducing the number of new HIV infections in Key Population group MSM. They therefore seek to employ 3 qualified Professional Nurses (NIMART qualified with Dispensing License) who will be seconded to locally identified CSOs within specific sub-districts, responsible for overseeing HIV services tailored at meeting the needs of the MSM clients.
The program provides community-based outreach services and, therefore, this position is not a clinic-based position but rather required to work in the field, linked to outreach and mobile service delivery.
The sub-districts for the project are Sedibeng (Gauteng), Cape Winelands (Western Cape) and Nkangala (Mpumalanga).
About the position:
- Full-time Contract – event-based linked to funding
- Field-based position, ability to work remotely without supervision essential
- Must be able to work non-traditional hours (i.e. night outreach and weekends)
- Degree/Diploma in Nursing with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- NIMART Qualified
- Dispensing Course AND Dispensing License with Department of Health is essential – candidates who do not have a Dispensing License will not be assessed
- 5 years’ proven experience in working in a primary health care setting
- Must have extensive experience in HIV, AIDS and STI treatment and care
- Must have experience in managing patients on ART
- Must have proven experience of working with Key Population groups, specifically MSM
- Expert knowledge of South African HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Management guidelines
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council (current)
- Valid Driver’s License (own vehicle for daily use is essential)
- Intermediate computer literacy and report writing
- Diploma in Clinical Assessment, diagnosis and treatment
- Postgraduate training in Primary Health Care Nursing or Public Health is highly desirable
- Previous experience working with the private sector (private GP/retail pharmacies/private clinic)
- Familiarity with TIER.Net
- Clinical assessment of MSM to deliver a comprehensive package of care including HIV diagnosis and treatment (ART), STI diagnosis and treatment and PrEP for high-risk negative clients
- Assessment for ART initiation according to SA Guidelines as well as WHO staging, same day initiation, UTT, etc.
- Taking clinical history and conducting physical examination
- Collect bloods at initiation and later follow-up as per guideline (6th and 12th month intervals)
- Dispensing of ART treatment to eligible clients
- Conduct adherence counselling
- Follow up support of ART initiated clients
- Referral of TB clients according to National TB clients
- Assessment of PrEP clients for eligibility
- Dispensing of PrEP according to NDoH guidelines
- Monitoring of PrEP clients
- Linkage into ART for sero-converting clients
- Engage with Private Network GP’s to support follow up of clients
- Assist with procurement of commodities and treatment
- Update client ART and PrEP files held at GP offices
- Conduct file audits
- Conduct training with network GPs
- Work with local DoH to procure commodities for HTS, ART and STI Treatment and clinical stationery
- Manage and supervise a working and up-to-date dispensary to record all stock received and dispensed
- Collect and collate monthly stats for reporting to funders and DoH
- Work with Peer Navigators and Patient Management Counsellors to trace defaulting treatment clients and re-link into care
- Coordinate the safe disposal of medical waste and correct recording of supporting documents in this regard
If you are a SA citizen and your CV meets the above requirements, please respond send your CV, salary requirements and preferred sub-district (Sedibeng, Gauteng / Cape Winelands, Western Cape / Nkangala, Mpumalanga) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Recognising that diversity is key to excellence, our client especially encourages members of designated groups to apply.
If you have not heard from us within a 2 week period, please deem your application as unsuccessful.