Salary: Market Related
Technical Underwriter with minimum 5 years’ Personal Lines and Commercial underwriting and claims experience required to conduct audits from an underwriting and claims perspective. Manage the underwriting facilities granted by Product Suppliers and provide technical underwriting support to short term advisers and internal staff.
Experience in writing underwriting rating, guidelines and policy wording as well as exposure in portfolio management from a profitability perspective required.
- Full NQF4 Short Term Insurance essential
- RE essential
- Minimum 5 years’ Personal Lines and Commercial Underwriting and Claims experience required
- Must be willing to travel over night when required
- Previous audit and profitability management experience advantageous
- Conduct monthly audits on Underwriting activities, including new business, endorsements, amendments, reinstatements, renewals, pro-active analysis to determine trends and potential risks to increase profitability
- Multi-claimant report analysis
- Assist in implementing retention processes with Brokers
- On-site audits when required
- Complete telephone quality assurance audits
- Assist advisers with technical product and underwriting queries
- Assist with product development from underwriting perspective
- Portfolio Analysis
- Provide support to the Personal Business Analyst from a product and underwriting perspective
- Provide support to the National Trainer on relevant product and ensure high quality training material
If you are a SA citizen & your CV meets the above criteria, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recognising that diversity is the key to excellence, our client especially encourages members of designated groups to apply.
If you have not heard from us within a 2 week period, please deem your application as unsuccessful.